Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default How to format numbering to indent my document

If these Headings have been designed with Outline Numbering style, they
should automatically update as you insert the new chapters.
Have you used the built-in Heading styles?
DeanH

"ub" wrote:

Hi
Can some help me to indent my document.
In my document, I have heading and sub heading that are hyperlink
Ex
13. xxx
13.1 xx
13.2 xx

14. yy
14.1 yy
14.1.1 yy

Now if I need to insert another heading in between 13 and 14, how can I do
this, so that the heading & subheading underneath also get updated
according.
In this example, If I insert a heading # 14 between 13 & 14, the heading #
of 14 should chnage to 15 and all the subheading should be changed to 15.1
etc.

Please advise