Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default how do I get Word to auto complete the complete date?

The AutoComplete for dates has been a bit flakey for several versions. What
seems to work for me is after I complete the month, press Backspace to
remove the space after the month and press the Spacebar again. Then you
should see the AutoComplete tip for the current date. Another alternative is
to ignore the AutoComplete tip for the month, type it out, and when you
press the spacebar the AutoComplete tip will change and offer to complete
the current date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

Kelvin Beaton wrote in message
If I type Sept... it auto filles September. How do I get it then, if I
press the space bar to offer me todays date?

Thanks

Kelvin