Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default how do I get Word to auto complete the complete date?

Alt+Shift+D inserts the current date, but as a DATE field. If you
immediately Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink it, you would get date text in the
format selected as the default in the Date and Time dialog.

"djprius" wrote in message
Beth Melton wrote:
The AutoComplete for dates has been a bit flakey for several versions.

What
seems to work for me is after I complete the month, press Backspace to
remove the space after the month and press the Spacebar again. Then you
should see the AutoComplete tip for the current date. Another

alternative is
to ignore the AutoComplete tip for the month, type it out, and when you
press the spacebar the AutoComplete tip will change and offer to

complete
the current date.

snip

Beth,

Is there a way to create a keyboard shortcut that works to *directly*
insert the current date -- without calling up the date/time dialog box?

The best I can do is to have a shortcut key that brings up the dialog
box and then I need to click "OK" to insert the default date format.

David