Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Autocorrect strange problem (MSW 2003)

In Tools | AutoCorrect Options, click the AutoCorrect tab. See if the word
and its replacement are now listed among the AutoCorrect entries. If you
find it, delete it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JPh12" wrote in message

With MS Word 2003 I sometimes encounter this weird problem: after using
Autocorrect in the Spelling and Grammar tool, I realize that a word I
auto-corrected has been used by MSWord to replace another, unrelated
word. Moreover, that replacement occurred at once *all over* the
document (every instance of that word is replaced).

All I've been able to figure out is that the word being replaced in the
document is a word I previously added to my dictionary (e.g. a person's
name).

Perhaps my MSW installation got corrupted. But I thought I'd ask in case
this is a known issue. I have a lot of autocorrect entries, maybe that's
a problem.

--
JPh12