Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Outline Numbering not Resetting

The principles however are just the same. In Word 2007/2010, with the
selection in a heading 1 style, left click on the Multilevel List icon in
the paragraph section of the Home tab and in the bottom of the dialog that
appears, click on Define New Multilevel list item and you will then be taken
to the dialog that is the equivalent of the Customize Outline Numbered List
dialog referred to on that web page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

wrote in message
On Nov 26, 12:18 am, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
See the following page of fellow MVP Shauna Kelly's website:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

--
Hope this helps,

Unfortunately, those instructions are for pre-2007 versions of Word
where I never had a problem.. For example, the instuctions here say to
use the "outline numbered tab" (the logical correct). However, in
Word 2007 this tab is gone.

Presumably someone thought that the outline numbered tab is redundant.
Why would you want heading NOT to be outline numbered. However, I am
getting the non-outline numbered behavior.

I have the same problem no matter what template I try using. I
download a resume template from the MS web site, change the headings
to be numbered, and I get the same result.

If I try to manually restart the numbering, Word reformats the
paragraph and ignores the style. I reapply the style and the number
goes back the way it was.

In searching for the answer in the Internet, I was shocked at the
number of web sites the suggest doing heading numbering using list
formatting rather than heading styles.