Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default How To: Get White Text on Black background

For what you want to do you really should consider using a Desktop
Publishing (page layout) program rather than a word processing
application.

I'm sure you are correct.

BUT M$ Word 97 is the best I have and that's that.

Slight OT: Word seems to have been "billed" as "do everything."

I am an "old guy" but I think I would have not major problems with M$ Word
if I could easily determine WTF it is doing.

For example: 1) a "right click" on a text box would reveal both backward
and forward links; 2) etc.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac