Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Default Hyperlinks to bookmarks in external docs

Hello, I often giveth but this time I'm on the take.
I'm having a problem getting an externally linked .pdf file to open at the
specific place in the document that I want it to. When I insert the
hyperlink in Word (2000), I add a # at the end of the file name, then the
text name of the bookmark as it appears in the Acrobat file, with no spaces
before or after the #. The toggled field reads "path/file" \l "bookmark
text". The doc only opens on page 1, not where the bookmark is.

I can't use the Adobe "open at page #" preference because I want it to open
at different places for different hypers.

I've gotten it to work before, but not this time. Don't know why. Is there
a setting within Word, the hyperlink, or .pdf file that would allow this?

Thanks, Jim.
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer