Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Default retrieve previous version of document

If you have closed the file, no

If the file is still open you can use Undo to get back to what it was when
you first opened it, then Save.

Many people do this when attempting to base a new doc on an existing file.
You should always do your Save As _immediately_ when you open the original.
Better yet, if you need to create new docs that are very similar from issue
to issue, learn to create a template and base your new files on it.

HTH |:)

"mlc123" wrote:

I accidentally hit "save" instead of "save as" and need the earlier version
of this document. Is there any way I can do that?