Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Euna

Default Headers and footers no page numbers

I used a document that was full of headers and footers, and I thought I
deleted everything, but once I completed teh 430 page document, I was not
able to insert page numbers. There's an underscore line at the bottom of the
first page, and you can "see" it but you can't "get" to it to delete it. I
don't know if that is keeping me from inserting page numbers, but it won't
let me. Any ideas why? This is fairly URGENT!!! Also, I've tried copying
the first portion of that page and pasting it into a new document, but that
code, whatever it is, follows me to the new document. HELP!!!!!