Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carrie[_2_] Carrie[_2_] is offline

Default typing lessons

put your fingers on the keyboard, the left hand on A S D F and the right
hand on JKL; (semi colon) and leave them there and practice finding the
other keys from there. Like the J finger hits Y U H N M etc.

Just practice, and at some point get so you can do it without watching the
keyboard.

That's how I learned it on the old manual typewriters in highschool in
1957. The teacher used to put covers over the keyboard when we practiced so
we couldn't look and had to memorize where everything was.

I still have to look for some like the numbers.

Maybe there are websites you can find that have more for help and lessons
about it, but I think it's mainly setting your hands up on the keyboard and
practicing.

But, this group is about a program Microsoft Word and not really about
typing. Though one types in the program Word.

"milyan joseph" milyan wrote in message
here i forward this request so that i could learn typing skills.