Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Formatting background for full text document

I think this may have been added in Word 2003, actually. In previous
versions, you have to use Format | Background | Printed Watermark or go the
long route of saving as a Web page, opening in a browser, and printing from
there (after enabling the browser setting to print the background).

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
.. .
Backgrounds aren't really intended for anything other than web pages, but
you can go to ToolsOptions - View, tick the box for Background Colors &
Images... At least in 2003 - I believe 2002 has the same option.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/17/07 12:51 PM, in article
, "Terrie"
wrote:

I am only able to format background color in Web Layout view. (using

XP)
It seems that in the past, somewhere, I have been able to apply it to

Normal
and Print Layout. How do I do this?