Stefan Blom

So the "Heading 1 + bold" style is based on the Heading 1 paragraph
style. Then I can definitely confirm (in Word 2000) that trying to
restart its numbering will make Word replace it with the Heading 1
style. You need to set this up differently! Is there a pattern for the
restarts?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jackie" wrote in message
ups.com...
No, I actually created a new style, based on heading1 called heading 1
plus bold. This worked wonderfully - my numbers all ran

consequetively
( i have 5 levels and created a bold version for heading 1 and heading
2). It also worked in the TOC - perfect! - until I tried to restart

my
numbering - then the bold 'style' was going back to heading1. I tried
writing a macro to restart my numbering but couldn't manage that
either.