Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
trj27 trj27 is offline

Default Continuous section break adds new page...

A chapter in the book I'm writing has subheadings which need to be continuous
page breaks. When I insert a continuous page break, Word inserts a new page.

I tried changing the settings in "Word Options" to "Lay out footnotes like
Word 6.x", but that only made the problem worse.

The only way I've managed to fix the problem is to insert the continuous
section break in front of the first word at the top of the page. The problem
is that if I further edit the document and insert earlier material, it moves
all of the information following the continuous section break to a new page.
This creates split paragraphs.

Does anyone know a more reasonable solution to this problem?