Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Default Word 2007 Header and Footer Style

Greg, not sure what you mean (just me not you). My header shows dropdown
style pane.

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
I can open a new blank document and type text in the header and the footer.

The Style Name field that I have on my QAT displays "Header" or "Footer"
style consistent with the cursor location. That seems normal.

However, "Header" and "Footer" do not appear in the style name dropdown or
in the Style Pane. If I click in one of the styles, the name will appear
in the Style Inspector. Just for s&g's I used the Manage Style dialog and
set the recommendation for both Header and Footer to 1. Still neither show
in the Style Pane.

Using Manage StylesEditModify, I can set either Header or Footer to show
in the Quick Styles Gallery. I can use the Gallery icon to modify the
Header or Footer style but it still doesn't show in the Style Pane.

Although I positively have Header and Footer text in the document, if I
right click the QuickStyle button for either Header or Footer the "Select
All" feature indicates "Not currently used' and is dimmed.

Does anyone else experience this behavior? Is it intentional?

Thanks.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See: