Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 Header and Footer Style

At least in Word 2003, Select All relates to the setting for "Keep track of
formatting." Unless you have that option enabled (in Word 2003 it's at Tools
| Options | Edit), you lose the ability to select all paragraphs of a given
style.

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Stephan,

It does appear if your option is to show All styles, In current document,
and Recommended. However, even when is shows the new option to Select All
is dimmed and annotated "Not currently used."

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Stefan Blom wrote:
I don't currently have access to Word 2007, but what happens if you
show all styles (in the Options dialog box of the Styles pane)? Then
can you see the styles?

I can open a new blank document and type text in the header and the
footer.

The Style Name field that I have on my QAT displays "Header" or
"Footer" style consistent with the cursor location. That seems
normal.

However, "Header" and "Footer" do not appear in the style name
dropdown or in the Style Pane. If I click in one of the styles, the
name will appear in the Style Inspector. Just for s&g's I used the
Manage Style dialog and set the recommendation for both Header and
Footer to 1. Still neither show in the Style Pane.

Using Manage StylesEditModify, I can set either Header or Footer
to show in the Quick Styles Gallery. I can use the Gallery icon to
modify the Header or Footer style but it still doesn't show in the
Style Pane.

Although I positively have Header and Footer text in the document,
if I right click the QuickStyle button for either Header or Footer
the "Select All" feature indicates "Not currently used' and is
dimmed.

Does anyone else experience this behavior? Is it intentional?

Thanks.