Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mkate Mkate is offline

Default Problem with Opening an Embedded Word file in Excel

Hello,

I posted this question on the Excel Forum and have not heard anything as
yet. I thought I would try the Word Forum in hopes that someone has some
experiences/resolution they can share, as I have deadline for tomorrow.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Mkate
=======================

I am having a problem with some embedded Word files placed in an Excel File
in Office 2007. I have an Excel file (Office 2003 .XLS format) from my
customer. I am responding to their request for information. I want to embed
several Word files in the spreadsheet when I return it. I did this all
the time in Office 2003 without a problem. I am Inserting an Object/Display
as an Icon/Create from a File/Browse to my file and select.

I am on a new Vista PC, and when I embed the Word files in the Excel file and
send it off to another team member who is still on XP they cannot open the
embedded files. The file is an Excel.xls and it is saved with the
Compatibility Mode option. All of the embedded documents are Word.doc format
with Compatibility Mode selected.

Has anyone had a similiar experience that they could share the "secret" of
opening these embedded files. Thank you for all guidance you can share.

Have a nice day.
--
Mkate