Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hans L Hans L is offline

Default Cannot see a frame

Hello Cindy:

Cindy M -WordMVP- wrote:

Hi Hans,

Thanks, Stefan. However, that did not help me finding the frames, a
few of which seems to be embedded in the table. Any tip?

Frames cannot be embedded in tables. Nor can textboxes. But textboxes
can be formatted to be in front of or behind a table.

What makes you think the "frames" are embedded in the table?

Because they were only visible after I had converted the table to text.
But I was obviously using the wrong terminology.

If these are textboxes, rather than frames, display the Drawing
toolbar and klick the button with the big white arrow. Now drage from
one corner of the page diagonallly down to the other corner (change
the zoom so you can do this easily). Any drawing object (including
textboxes) should be marked by little boxes around the sides.

CrossEyes showed that they were frames and when I right-clicked on
them, I got the menu with something like "Modify frame", and when I
clicked it, I could delete the frames.

The effect these frames have is that they somehow prevents the
page-breaking of the tables that cover them. That is how I know kinda'
that there probably are frames around. The tables start at the very
top of the page, covering any header that is there, and goes to the
bottom of the page, and it is not possible to scroll down to the bottom
of the tables.

Regards,

Hans L