Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Splitting cells within a specific label and applying it to all lab

The function to propagate a label will not carry a split cell as part of the
formatting. Create a second document with the same table. You could start by
splitting all the cells in this table. Add the content of the left side of
the first cell and propagate that left side to all the labels before
changing the document type to letter, then delete the right hand side
content of all the split cells and copy the right hand content of the first
cell to all the empty cells before running your merge.

CarisaJo wrote:
Hello, I need to print labels (not mailing). I currently have 4
rows of information in 3 columns. I would love to split the cells so
that my information would format in unison - is there a way to do
this within a mailmerge. I can create a custom label, and format the
first one perfectly - but each time I try to run the "update label"
command, the first label formatting is not carried through the rest
of the document. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Or is
this not a valid option in Word 2007. Thanks to anyone that can help!