Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ann Scharpf

Default Can I rotate Captions?

WebColin, are you using linked captions or do you just have descriptive text
accompanying your tables? If they're just descriptive text, you could use
the "change text direction" button to change the table's orientation 90
degrees.

"WebColin" wrote:

I don't seem to be able to do this. The Text Orientation option under the
format menu is grayed out whenever I select my captions.

Specifically, I want to have tables that are rotated 90 degrees, including
the caption. I don't want to landscape the page, because I want the headers
and footers to stay in the same place as all the other portrait pages, but
in all other ways, I want these pages to appear to be landscaped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Colin