Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Viewing Encrypted Word Document on new Windows Install

Greetings.

I recently had to reinstall Windows (and Word) because of a new hard drive
installation. I have copied over all my old files to my new Windows
installation just fine and have reinstalled Word. However, one of the files
was encrypted on my old hard drive (by me) and now it won't open on my new
Windows install. It keeps saying acess denied. I understand that the
signature would be different now because of a new install, but is there
anyway to view this file now? I am using Word 2000 with all the updates.

Many thanks!
bryan