Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default managing translations

Hello Marc

Marc wrote:
yes, I think so and I've found 2 or 3 tools/ways that would permit the
indepndization of the content and the presentation. One of them is using
Latex and/or DocBook. Do you have experience in any of them?

not really: I know conceptually what LaTeX is like. It ranges from
(rather) crude text programming (as if you wrote HTML code in a raw text
editor) to more sophisticated environments (more or less support of GUI
tools). Handled right, you get better results in terms of typography
than in any word processor, that's for sure!

Expect some learning curve for LaTeX alone (and that's without
separation :-)), but it might well be worth it.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |