Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default Change section break from new-page to continuous?

On Wed, 23 May 2007 18:53:57 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

File | Page Setup | Layout: change the "Section start" type.

What do I need to have selected when I do that?

Try #1:
* Select the section break then do the above.
* The Section start field in the Pae Setup panel showed "Continuous".
* Click on OK
* Text fllowing section break still on a new page.
* Reselect the section break and go back into Page Setup.
* The Section start field shows "Continuous".

Try #2:
* Repeat the the above, but change the Apply to field to "Entire
document".
* Same results.

Try #3:
* Select entire document.
* Do the procedure you outlined, but with Apply to "Entire document".
* This worked, but it got all of the section breaks. It so happens
that that is what I wanted this time, but how do I change just one
section break?

PS: I should have changed my signature. I am now running Office 2007.
Not sure if that matters.

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000