Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Cannot edit Word document because "selection is locked" --??

I'm glad you got it sorted.

My guess is that uninstalling Office 2007 made it possible for Word 2003 to
"reclaim" the file associations.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hopehavens" wrote in message
news
The Compatibility Pack had been installed (since the 1st day of the
trial).
There must have just been some kind of bleep going on. Anyway, I
uninstalled
the trial software and now everything works fine. Thanks very much!

"hopehavens" wrote:

I opened up a Word 2007 document and everywhere I tried to make a
correction,
I receive a message on the status bar, "This modification is not allowed
because the selection is blocked." Since my "trial" of Office just
expired,
I can only guess that all my documents have been locked until I purchase
Office 2007. I don't want to purchase it now (maybe never) -- not happy
with
it. How do I revert all my documents back to 2003? Was this trial thing
trap??