Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Drag and Drop in Word 2002

Go to Tools | Options | Edit. Do you have "Drag-and-drop text editing"
checked?

http://word.mvps.org

"jexie" wrote in message
I experience the problem when there are no dialog boxs opened

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

I have experienced that you cannot use the drag-and-drop method if a
dialog
box is open such as the Find, Cross-reference or Symbol dialog box. Could
that explain the problem?

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"jexie" wrote:

"I can't drag and drop within a word 2002 document. I select the text,
hold
down control and drag but I get the "no" circle with the line through
it.
And the selection won't drop. It stays where it is. . I would like
to find
out what I am doing wrong?
I have windows xp