Renton

Thanks for the rapid answer Stefan.

The issue with the additional line is not that it creates a blank page.

I want for the table in the header (actually only one row) to appear as if
it is part of a table contained in the page body. Therefore the empty line
creates a gap between two rows where I can't extend any vertical lines.

I know you can repeat the first row of a table on each page but that's not
what I'm trying to do. There's only one page in my document that I want to
set-up like this. The remaining pages contain only text but the header of
all pages has to contain the same table.

Hope I'm clear about this... it's not simple to summarize !

Renton

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

In Word, a table must always be followed by a paragraph mark. If the
paragraph mark causes Word to insert an extra page (because it doesn't fit on
the same page as that of the table), you can use one of the following
workarounds: Select the paragraph mark and format it as either hidden or 1 pt.

--
Stefan Blom