Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ShaniraW

Default Can I format zip code merge field to add hyphen if zip plus 4?

We have several people who enter addresses, and some put only the five main
digits of the zip code, others put the zip +4 code and include a hyphen,
while the rest use the zip+4 format but don't add the hyphen. Is there a way
I can format the results of this field during the merge to add a hyphen where
needed, remove the hyphen if not needed, etc. In trying one way, it added a
hyphen to all results, including the 5 digit only code. On these, it also
added 4 zeros after the hyphen. Any thoughts on how to fix my problem and
avoid the added problem mentioned?