Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default VBA table sort by date fails intermittently

OK, I just skimmed the thread you mention. The questions asked there are similar
to what I would ask. Since you don't provide any of that information, I will ask
them again, in a slightly different form:

1. With which language is the table content formatted (Tools/Language/Set
language)

2. What are the date format settings in the Windows Control Panel, both on your
test machine and the machine you were using for the presentation?

3. Do all the machines have the same version of Windows installed?

4. Is the sort being performed manually, or using VBA code?

My inclination is that there may have been some problem with the Windows settings
on the presentation machine.

I have a product whose entire reason for existence is to sort
chronological tables. It was developed and tested using Word 2003, and
also tested on 2000 and 2002. It works fine.
Imagine my dismay when demonstrating it to possible customers yesterday
only to find that the sort feature did nothing!

I saved a copy of the offending file and brought it back to my testbed.
There was no problem sorting it, using both 2003 and 2000. The strange
thing is, the failure at the demo was under 2000 SR3 - the exact same
level of my 2000 testbed. Has anyone any idea what other Word or
Windows modules / release levels could be relevant to any further
investigation?

Looking through this forum, I feel my symptoms are the same as those in
thread

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...thread/thread/
f789b0d65fb5bbb7/0c8c8800648a4e12?q=sort+date&rnum=4#0c8c8800648a4e 12
Sadly this thread was never resolved.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org