Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] bmurphy@xlrotor.com is offline

Default table style question, space before and after

No good. Double spacing on the last row doesn't create any space
after if the table only has one row. Darn.

Brian

On Sep 15, 8:26 pm, wrote:
Hmmmm. I'm using Word 2003, and I don't see any pilcrow at the end of
a table. There's a pilcrow at the end of the paragraph that is right
after the table, and it's formatted as Body Text.

It seems like something is not right with Word. In the table style
assigned to the table, for the Header Row I set 12 points space
before, and this does just what I want and what I expect. When I set
12 points space after for the Last Row, this does nothing! Is there
some trick to getting that to work?

I just discovered that if I set double line spacing for the Last Row,
that seems to produce 12 points of space after just the last row.
That will be good enough for this particular situation since my tables
only have one line of text in the last row. It wouldn't work
otherwise.

Brian

On Sep 15, 10:38 am, "Terry Farrell" wrote:

Immediately following a table is a paragraph formatting mark (the reversed P
symbol or pilcrow): this holds the formatting parameters of the table. If
you select it (it should select the whole table) and you can use Format,
Paragraph and set the Space Before and Space After settings.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

wrote in message

ups.com...

I want space both before and after a table, but not between rows of a
table.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Brian Murphy