Stefan Blom

That's true! I didn't think of that. You can tell I don't work with
protected documents that much...

Thank you for pointing out my error!

--
Stefan Blom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
But the OP can use a calculation form field.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Well, it is correct that a protected form allows you to specify a
numeric format. What complicates matters is that the OP also wants

calculate results in cells (using the SUM formula) and this

wouldn't
work in a protected document. Of course, it may be possible to use

the
techniques described in the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm, but

this
might be too much work (it certainly would be to me!) to get

formatted
numbers in table cells.

--
Stefan Blom

"Allabout" wrote in message
You can put form fields in your table and format these as

numbers,
setting
the format to $#,##0.00;($#,##0.00) when you protect the form

the
user will
only be able to fill in the form fields and they will format as

they
are
completed.

Andrea Jones

"Josh" wrote in message
I know there is no way on the format options, but can't you
programatically
format the table?

"Steel" wrote:

Is there anyway to format numbers in a Word table? For

example, I
would like
to enter 9876543 and have it automatically convert to
$9,876,543.00 as you
can do in Excel. I realize you can do this in the

function
cell,
but I can't
figure out how to do it in other cells.