Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
CVL

Default Table Sizing/Adjustment

In Word 2003, I have the automatic resize to fit contents turned off, and use
even 0.1 widths to build data tables, however, when I add additional rows or
make other adjustments, the rows don't end up being consistent widths, and
the table is not even. For instance, I will have several columns that add up
to a width of say 6 inches even, but when I look at the overall row or table
width, under table properties, it may have a preferred with checked at 6.01
inches even if I turn this off.

I had no problems with this in prior versions of Word, but this is driving
me nuts.