Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Word 2003 Mail Merge Problem when E-Mailing Data Source

What is the data source (a Word document? a .mdb file? something else?)

Are you e-mailing the mail merge main document and the data source in the
same e-mail? As attachments? If so, are the recipients extracting and saving
the mail merge main document and data source in the same way? Where are they
putting the files?

What warnings are the recipients seeing? If one of them is to do with
execution of a SQL command then they may need to apply the information in
the following article

"You receive the "Opening this will run the following SQL command" message
when you open a Word mail merge main document that is linked to a data
source"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825765

I don't like the additional complication either...

Peter Jamieson

"Karen Townsend" Karen wrote in message
I can't believe Microsoft would make Word 2003 so non-user friendly when it
comes to their "improvements" to the Mail Merge process. We finally
figured
out how to use and edit fields, but the major problem we are having is in
e-mailing the mail merge document and its data source. The document and
the
data source work just fine if you have created it on your pc, but if you
try
and e-mail it to another user, you get warnings and the data source will
not
properly open. You have to search for the data source each and every time
you open the document. Anyone have any suggestions?