Graham Mayor

Tools options general uncheck allow starting in reading layout.
Documents should open in the view in which they were saved. To override this
requires an autoopen macro

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdPrintView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
.ShowFieldCodes = False
.DisplayPageBoundaries = True
End With
End Sub

see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

KR wrote:
At work we just upgraded to Office2003. When I create new documents
in Word, they come up in "print layout", which is my desired working
view.

When I open Word attachments from Outlook, they often come up in
"reading layout" (2 page, side-by-side) which in most cases messes up
the tables and other info, actually making it harder to read.

Is there a setting somewhere that I haven't found yet that will
automatically make all documents open in print layout?

Thanks,
Keith