Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeB[_2_] MikeB[_2_] is offline

Default "Help" is anything but

I switched from Office 2002 to Office 2007. Especially Word. The help
is anything but, I can't find a damn thing. If I want to find out how
to do something and I type a keyword inthe help search box, I get a
bunch of irrelevant help.

Latest case in point. I have a text box that I'm working with. In the
Format text box dialog, there is an on the Text Box tab, there is an
option to "Convert to Frame..."

Can I find out using Help waht a Frame is and why I might be want ing
to use it? Hell no.

The hits I get a

- Select text
- decorate pictures or text with borders
- Create and print envelopes for mass mailing
- add and format images in professional Word 2007 documents
- Add a drawing to a document

and so forth.

And I can't find to highlight the search term, nor is there an Index.

How is this supposed to help me?