Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

Default How to turn off AutoCorrect for certain texts?

G'Day Sebastian,

There is no "Word" solution. You need to switch between Word
and (say) Notepad.

Type the snippets in Notepad, then Copy & Paste. Even then you
may need to reformat the snippets in Courier for clarity.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Sebastian Helm" wrote in message
I use Word not just for word processing, but also in situations where there
is code involved. Typical problems a
1. My text contains code snippets. I would like Word to just leave them as I
type them. I was hoping this would be possible if I formatted the snippets as
non-English, but that doesn't help.
2. Search&Replace all occurrences of some string with "some string". Right
away, AutoCorrect replaces the straight quotes with "smart quotes", according
to the settings in the "AutoFormat as you type" tab. The usual way of undoing
this by using Undo does not work after Search&Replace.
Is there any practical solution? Obviously, it doesn't make sense to go
through all 20 or so AutoCorrect options, disable them when you write code or
perform certain Search&Replace actions and then enable them again when you
write English.

Thanks,
Sebastian