Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Section Breaks/Page Numbering in Word 2007

Select the "Y" number and Press Shift+F9 to expand the field code.
Inside the code, change NumPages to SectionPages, and press F9 to
update.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:00:02 -0800, vcwillia
wrote:

I read through a lot of the posts on here and it sounds like some people were
having the opposite problem that I am.

I have two documents, each are two pages. They are separate submissions but
we have to group them as a single document within our system so that users
don't forget to file both together. The problem is the page numbering.
I have it set up with a section break at page two. The page numbering is
correct - page 1, page 2, page 1, page 2. However, if I try to switch the
format to "page x of y" - I get "page 1 of 4, page 2 of 4, page 1 of 4, page
2 of 4." So my section break works but it's still counting the total number
of pages. Is there a way to adjust this?

Thanks much, Vanessa