Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars
RBear3 RBear3 is offline

Default Document Information Panel

Beth:

Thanks!

That was exactly what I needed. The "Add to Quick Access Toolbar" tip will
come in handy as well. I was using the "customize" button all the time.
This is much quicker if I know where a feature lives.

--
RBear3
..

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
If you are looking for the Document Information Panel that displays your
File Properties, click the Office Button, point at Prepare and then click
File Properties. If you need to access the panel frequently then
right-click the File Properties command and then click "Add to Quick
Access Toolbar' to make it more accessible.

Note that if you are using Vista you can enter file properties in the Open
and Save As dialog boxes. You may need to resize the dialog box to access
them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"RBear3" wrote in message
According to microsoft.com "The Document Information Panel makes it easy
to view and edit document properties while you work on your Word
document. The Document Information Panel is displayed at the top of your
document in Word. You can use the Document Information Panel to view and
edit both standard Microsoft Office document properties and properties
for files that are saved to a document management server."

I do not see this at the top of my screen. I have been using Office 2007
for a few weeks now, and have not been able to find this.

Does anyone know how to turn this on?

Our company requires us to enter a few specific items in he file
properties, and I am tired of having to do it by right-clicking the file
after I save it.

--
Thanks!

RBear3