Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
suiterd suiterd is offline

Default Having documents open at leaving off point rather than the beg

I just tried it myself and couldn't get it to work. I saved the document,
closed it, reopened and pushed shift/f5 and nothing happened.

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

I made a minor test in Word 2007 before I posted the Shift+F5 solution and it
worked here. I just tested with more documents now and it also worked...

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Shift+F5 regrettably doesn't work that way in Word 2007. It works as long as
a document is open, but not when it is closed and reopened.

http://word.mvps.org

"Lene Fredborg" wrote in message
Press Shift+F5 when you have opened the document. It should bring you to
the
last editing point.

For further details, see this article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/GoBackFix.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com

"suiterd" wrote:

I am hoping this is a simple and easy question, but how do I set Word to
open
my document where I left off typing rather than opening at the beginning
each
time? I have the 2007 edition. Thanks!