Klaus Linke

Hi *((({,

You'll find a pretty good thread on this he
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...rmatting.long=
docs/browse_frm/thread/36505dd4f743d3ab/ba6497140e6e635e

~~~\o/~~~~/|~~~
Klaus

"*((({" wrote:
I'm using Word 2000. What's the difference between Italic direct
formatting, and Italic styles? I have set up a character style for
italic. When I insert a document, some of the italicized words update
to match my custom italic style. Others do not -- they show up as
style "normal." =20
=20
I have took the italic icon off of my toolbar. But I sometimes
use the control+I shortcut. Do I presume correctly that those
keyboard shortcuts apply direct formatting? Do I presume that I may
assign that shortcut to my italic style instead? =20
=20
I keep hearing that "styles are better than direct formatting."
Ive been working on learning this. =20
=20
Why does Word even have direct formatting? Does it have any use?
=20
*(((({