WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Automate removal of blank rows from table

Hi there! I can definitely help you with that. Here's how you can automate the removal of blank rows from your table:
  1. First, select the entire table by clicking and dragging your mouse over it.
  2. Next, click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Editing" section of the ribbon, click on "Find & Replace" and select "Go To" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Go To" dialog box, select "Special" and then choose "Blanks" from the options.
  5. This will select all the blank cells in your table. Now, press the "Delete" key on your keyboard to remove them.
  6. If you want to automate this process, you can record a macro that performs these steps. To do this, click on the "View" tab in the ribbon and select "Macros" from the "Macros" section.
  7. In the "Macros" dialog box, give your macro a name and click "Create".
  8. This will open the Visual Basic Editor. In the editor, you can write code that performs the steps above. Here's an example:

    PHP Code:
    Sub RemoveBlankRows()

    Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Delete Shift:=xlUp
    End Sub
  9. Once you've written your code, save the macro and close the Visual Basic Editor.
  10. Now, whenever you want to remove blank rows from your table, simply run the macro by clicking on "Macros" in the "View" tab and selecting your macro from the list.

That's it! I hope this helps you automate the removal of blank rows from your table. Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.