Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
User User is offline

Default send - mail recipient command will not send header/footer of

Hey Graham,

I understand of the technical limitations, but is there a workaround? The
problem is the recipients dont usually open the DOC file which are attached.

Or is it possible to make the text box to appear in everypages, just like
how a header/footer works?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you are sending a Word document as the body of an e-mail message then it
will be conveted to plain text or html according to how your mail program is
set up. Neither supports pages or headers and footers. The only way to send
your document and have it retain the page format of the document is to send
it as an attachment.

User wrote:
That wouldnt be a proper solution for my client...

Another workaround I have is to have the header/footer added in a
Text Box. However this means that when the user types the 2nd/3rd
page etc, it will llose the header/footer Text box... Is it possible
to use a script to duplicate the text boxes whenever the user
continues to have 2nd/3rd page?

Thanks!

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

Sorry, my mistake. I did not notice your mail recipient correctly
so I was sure that you talked about an attachment. Then my answer is
no - not as far as I know - unless you copy the header and footer
text to the main body of the document first (but then I would prefer
to send the document as an attachment.).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"User" wrote:

Thanks for the reply Lene.

Using mail recipient, Word will not be attaching the doc as an
attachment. It will have the contents of the word turned into an
email's body, which means your answer is irrelevant...

Can you check?

P.s: word xp here

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

The problem is most likely that the receivers see the document in
Reading Layout. If they open the attachment directly from the
e-mail (instead of saving it first, e.g. on the desktop, and
opening it from there), the document will open in Reading Layout
if the users have the setting "Allow starting in Reading Layout"
in Tools Options General tab turned on (it is turned on by
default). Ask them to turn off that setting or ask them to save
the document elsewhere and open it from there and see whether it
solves the problem.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com
Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft
Word

"User" wrote:

In a doc, with header and footer, when i do File - send - mail
recipient, type in the email and click send, the recipient
receives the email without the header/footer.

is there a workaround?