Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default I need to know the strengths and weakness of MS Word for a pap

Examples are different. Personally, I like examples and often search for
them. Templates are a completely different critter.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Well, I'm not very creative and definitely not a designer, so I find it
helpful to find *examples* to copy, but I am not looking for a readymade
template, especially given the poor quality of most of the ones I've seen.

so
all may benefit.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
Woo hoo!!!

The day you ask for any template, I'm tossing my computer out of the

window.
I figure if *you* can't do something without a template, I don't stand an
ice cube's chance in hell at being able to do it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The day I need a template for a grocery list, I'm handing in my mom

card.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
It seems as if today's youth don't want to think. If there's no

template
start with or no ready-made list of features, they are lost. What's to
become of their children if there's no one left to create new
templates
or
lists?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brian Mailman" wrote in message
JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:

The point Mike was trying to make was that you won't learn anything

if
we
tell you the answers to your homework. I doubt that your instructor
assigned this task so that you could post it in an MS newsgroup and
pop
those responses into a paper. I suspect he/she wants you to
actually
use
the program and "evaluate throughly the software of MS Word".

I think it's part of the always-plugged-in-generation, what is being
called Generation M, for "multi-tasking."

Cell phone, text messaging, IM program, web search... all incredibly
efficient ways of gathering information.

The problem to my mind is that the gathering is being substituted
for
critical analysis--when you can just ask any question at any time to
anybody and receive an answer, IMMEDIATELY, you cease stopping and
actually thinking whatever problem through for yourself because it
takes
too much time.

B/