Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default 'Tools-Language-Set Language-Do not check spelling or grammar' does not work on the entire document

But note that if the selection includes text with the setting on as
well as text with the setting turned off, the check mark will be grey.
This means that the first click activates the setting, and a second
click is required to turn it off for all text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
This should be working.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"john gibb" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Hi,

I need to Spell/Grammar check documents that may have sections in

which:

Tools-Language-Set Language-Do not check spelling or

grammar

had been enabled.

I want to disable it in order to recheck spelling and grammar.

However, I find that I can only disable this feature on pieces of

the
document, not on the entire doc at once. (I am having to select

individual
tables for example.)

Am I doing something wrong by:

a) Edit-Select All
b) Tools-Language-Set Language
c) unchecking 'Do not check spelling or grammar' so that it

WILL check
spelling and grammar

?

thanks,