Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Shipping Label Design

No, it is all done by the code. See my first response in this thread.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
Note her second paragraph, where she says "the template opened" but
"the variables weren't filled in," as if she expected them to be. I
suppose she means that she opened a document based on the template
(such as by double-clicking on the template's name).

On Jul 30, 4:59 pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
The code is using Documents.Add to create a new document from the
template.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in
You don't want to put any actual data into a template (.dotx), because
then it will appear in every document, i.e., label, that you base on
that template!

On Jul 30, 2:34 pm, chaucersmom

wrote:
Yea, Doug, I'm almost there! This is a great program for me.

After changing the name of the file in the program to .dotx, my template
opened in Word, but the variables weren't filled in with the name and
address. (Just had the Docvariable lines that were in the template.)

Interestingly, when I saved the "label" which I made with your program,
it
suggested as a name for the document, the name of the person for whom I
was
making the label, even though that name wasn't visible in the document!
The
same thing happened when I began with the "company", that is it
suggested
save it as the company name. But if I eliminated both the name and the
company from the template and then made a label, it suggested to save it
as
the company name.

I think I'm a little confused as to how the program "knows" what the
separate parts of the address (city, state, zip, etc) since I enter the
address in the address box as I would if I were addressing an envelope
as
follows:

5 Main Street
Cocoa, VA 24544

I am so close to debugging this that I hope you can help. Using Office
and
Outlook 2007.- Hide quoted text -