Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default how do i restore word file to the last saved version?

The Versions command is only operational if you choose to use it for the
purpose of saving versions as you work... And it is generally accepted that
you are better off *not* doing so.

If you have closed the file in question you are simply out of luck. There is
no previous version to which you can revert. If the doc is still open,
however, you can Undo as far back as you like.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/9/06 5:52 PM, in article
, "cris"
wrote:

I accidentally saved over a file and need to recover that document.
How do I recover the previous saved version of that file?
I checked versions and there were no previous saved version.