Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod macropod is offline

Default Removing a footer from the last page in a document template

Hi Lady Dungeness,

There's a good reason for not doing so - if the template's user need to add anything to the document, the last section could end up
flowing over to the next page. And, if anything gets added to the last section, it could span 3 or more pages. That'll give two or
more un-footered pages.

Even if you leave the last section empty, you could run into problems. Since the last section must at least have one paragraph, that
para could end up on a new page all by itself. Then you could have the last 'real' page numbered and an unwanted 'last' page.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in message ...
Why don't you put a Continuous Section Break just before the
attestation clause, then put a Different Footer (apply to this section
only) on the last page; and be sure to set the Signing Footer to
(apply to this section only) on the previous pages.

Post back -- I'll be wanting to do a Will template of my own in not
too long. (What state is yours for, by the way?)

Lady Dungeness
Crabby, but Great Legs!