Charles Kenyon

If your project name is formatted in its own style (Title or Heading 1) that
is not used elsewhere, you could use a StyleRef field. Otherwise, if
formatted in a heading style, you could use Insert Cross Reference to
insert the same text elsewhere.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Tokyo_Charlie" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply. I was aware of the Bookmark trick and it's a valid
solution if your could lock them down to prevent deletion. If you have any
tips to prevent the deletion of these...please let me know. Unfortunatley,
can't turn the doc to a form as it's a project plan that needs to remain
within the "word" state. A good sample of the use I'm looking for can be
found
hehttp://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...891651033.aspx.
As the top page project plan name would repeat throughout the document in
the
ideal solution. I will look into your other suggestions as they require
deeper examination to fit the need.
Again, many thanks... from an ex-gunner!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Investigate REF fields which place the content of a bookmark - see also
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

Tokyo_Charlie wrote:
I would like to create a fields in word that automatically fill from
data located in other areas of the document. These other areas would
act as a resources for like infomation that is repeated through out
the document. In example, If I type the title of x widget on the
coverpage, I would expect that word to appear within other areas
linked to the resource or key field. Is this possible?