Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Nested Styles in Word 2003?

Word can do this, but not with "nested styles" (there is no such
concept in Word). Instead, there is a way to apply a style to only
part of a paragraph. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RunInSidehead.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:41:01 -0700, Joseph Talbott
wrote:

Is it possible to create a nested style in Word 2003? An example would be to
make the first sentence of a paragraph Body Text bold but the rest of the
paragraph plain Body Text. I have used this type of style with Adobe InDesign
but haven't found a way to make it work in Word. It's not a big issue for me
as I have used character formatting over the Body Text style where
appropriate but I am curious.