Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I correct a stubborn gap in footnote numbering for Word 200

Do you have Track Changes enabled? If so, numbering will not be straightened
out till you accept the changes. If not, did you move the footnote by
dragging or cutting/pasting the footnote reference mark in the document
(which is the correct way to do it)?

"Paul at work" Paul at wrote in message
After relocating a footnote #17 in doc I now have a gap with no #17.

After
all efforts to renumber sequentially, a gap remains (even if converted to
A,B,C letters instead of numbers) and even if converted to endnotes

instead
of footnotes.

Is there imbedded code for phantom #17 that I can remove to restore
consecutive numbers?