Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default automatically enter two spaces after a full stop

Hi Jackie -

Just an extension of the point that Suzanne is so politely making - and
*please* don't take this at all personally - what you are asking for is an
arcane throwback to the manual typewriter. It is not only unnecessary with
the current software technology, but is also considered inappropriate to use
two spaces between sentences. Doing so also has the potential of
complicating - rather than enhancing - readability, as well as causing other
text flow issues.

Well-trained typists are accustomed to using the technique in order to avoid
crowding in manually typed documents, but the crowding is rare any more due
to the proportionally-spaced fonts we use - accurate spacing is set for us
based on typesetting standards. In the few instances where the result is not
what might be preferable there are better & more precise methods of
adjustment, rather than arbitrarily using the two-space technique
religiously "just in case".

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/18/06 9:57 AM, in article
, "Jackie D"
wrote:

Hello Suzanne

Just a few seconds ago I managed to do this using the Auto Correct function.
Now each time I hit a full stop the cursor jumps two spaces. Perfect.