Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Help correcting Date Format

Assuming that DATE is the name of the field in the data source, what you
need is

{ MERGEFIELD DATE \@ "MMMM dd, yyyy" }

Starting the the Merge Field already in the document, pressing Alt + F9 to
reveal the field codes should result in the following being displayed

{ MERGEFIELD DATE }

The you would add the formatting switch inside the closing field delimiter }

Starting from scratch, you must use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters
and you use Alt+F9 to toggle off their display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jon" wrote in message
When I attempt to fix the format and then do a merge instead of getting
any
date I get: {DATE \@ "MMMMd,YYYY"}

"Jon" wrote:

There may be an answer somewhere on that web page, but it eludes me.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Jon wrote:
I think I've screwed up my letter trying to fix this. I have merged
information from my database, but the date comes up as 11/29/2007
instead of November 29, 2007. I've tried to correct his, but then all
I get in my merged letter is DATE. I've seen multiple format options,
but I can't figure out how to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

Change (or add) the formatting switch to the fiield

{Mergefield DATE \@ "MMMM d, yyyy"}

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm